ImmunoChemistry Technologies is excited to launch several new categories to our already large portfolio of Cell Viability Assay Kits.
In this post, we are highlighting Fluoro ATP from our Fluorescent Enzymatic Assay line.
Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) is an organic molecule which is exclusively formed in the mitochondria. Virtually all living systems store energy in the phosphate bonds of ATP and play a central role in cellular metabolism and energy transfer reactions. ATP is de-phosphorylation to ADP and further de-phosphorylation to AMP. This cycling of ATP is central to transferring potential (thermodynamic) energy from one source to another. There are several genetic disorders that effect the generation of ATP in the mitochondria.
Our Fluoro ATP assay provides a reliable, sensitive fluorimetric assay for the quantification of ATP in biological samples. The Fluoro ATP detection kit utilizes a non-fluorescent detection reagent, which is reduced in the presence ATP and a coupled enzyme reaction to produce its fluorescent analog. There is a linear relationship of ATP concentration to the fluorescent analog concentration. An ATP standard curve is generated to interpolate sample ATP concentrations. The kit can be used in both endpoint and kenitic modes.
- Detection of ATP in cells or tissue extracts.
- Detection of ATP in cell death, energy metabolism, mitochondria function.
- ATP measurement in ATP consuming enzymes such as Kinases and ATPases.
- ATP detection in Bacterial, Fungal and Plant Cells.
- Fluorescent 96 well Plate Reader Readout (excitation: 530-570nm and emission at 590-600nm).
Fluoro ATP is available in two sizes - 100 Tests and 500 Tests.