- Dilute 5X Antibody Coating Buffer 1:5 with deionized water and mix for 15 minutes. As Antibody Coating Buffer is a 5X concentrate, crystalline precipitates may form in the bottle, especially when refrigerated. If this happens, gently warm the buffer until all crystals are dissolved. Do not let it boil.
- Dilute your antibody into the coating buffer. Optimal coating concentration varies significantly from 0.1 µg/mL to 10 µg/mL.
- Let the solution stir 10-15 minutes and pipette onto the plate. Optimal coating volume generally ranges between 50-200 µL per well. ICT recommends coating antibodies onto Costar 96-Well EIA/RIA Stripwell plate.
- Once added to the plate, incubate the coating solution from 8-24 hours at room temperature protected from light. Minimize evaporation by individually covering each plate with a plate sealing cover, wrapping a stack in plastic wrap, or placing plates in a humidified storage box and covering.
- Aspirate the coating solution.
- Wash each well twice with 1X ELISA Wash Buffer (catalog #652).
- Block the uncoated regions of the microplate wells by pipetting 300 μL of blocking buffer (such as catalog #640, 64, or 643) into each well.
- Incubate 8-24 hours at room temperature.
- Aspirate the blocking buffer.
- The assay can be run at this point, or the plate can be dried and packaged for later use.
- Dry the plate by letting it sit on the bench top from 8-24 hours while protected from light, or dry in a drying chamber under vacuum from 3 – 6 hours at room temperature. When dry, seal the plate in an air-tight foil pouch with a desiccant packet and store at RT or 2-8°C protected from light.
Heit A, Schmitz F, Gerdts S, Flach B, Moore MS, Perkins JA, Robins HS, Aderem A, Spearman P, Tomaras GD, De Rosa SC, and McElrath MJ. Vaccination establishes clonal relatives of germinal center T cells in the blood of humans. J. Exp. Med. 2017. Jul 3;214(7):2139-2152. doi: 10.1084/jem.20161794. Epub 2017 Jun 21. Abstract.
"ELISA plates were coated with 2 µg/ml of F(ab)’2 goat anti– human IgG (Fcγ-specific) antibody (Thermo Fisher Scientific) in coating buffer (Immunochemistry Technologies)."
Boraschi-Diaz I, Tauer JT, El Rifai O, Guillemette D, Lefebvre G, Rauch F, Ferron M, Komarova SV. Metabolic phenotype in the mouse model of osteogenesis imperfecta. J. Endocrinol. 2017 Sep;234(3):279-289. doi: 10.1530/JOE-17-0335. Epub 2017 Jul 17. Abstract.
" – ... 2010b). Briefly, Antibody Coating Buffer (CB1), ELISA Wash Buffer (WB1), 120 General Blocker Buffer (BB1), General Assay Diluent (AD1) and Stop Solution for TMB 121 (STOP1) were all obtained from ImmunoChemistry Technologies. 1-Step™ Ultra TMB ELISA 122 ... "