Milestones Common to All Sandwich ELISA Development Projects
- Acquisition of adequate quantities of quality antibody (IgG) and analyte components necessary to initiate project.
- Preparation or acquisition of the sandwich IgG-HRP conjugates.
- Demonstration of basic assay feasibility (dose response).
- Optimization of capture antibody coating.
- Resolution of sample matrix interference issues.
- Final optimization of sandwich IgG-HRP conjugate concentration, considering the inhibitory effects of the sample matrix.
- Demonstration of ELISA performance capabilities via assessment of assay linear dynamic range, sensitivity, linearity, standard recovery efficiency, and precision.
For detailed protocols and information on each of these ELISA development milestones, please see the Antibody-Sandwich ELISA Development Kit Manual.