General Block ELISA Blocking Buffer contains a mammalian protein blocking agent suitable for most antibody capture ELISA formats and peptide or protein antigen-down ELISA formats. This blocking buffer provides a long-term stabilizing environment for dried antigen or antibody coat proteins and minimizes nonspecific binding interactions during the assay process.
- Coat antibody or antigen onto the ELISA plate using ICT’s Antibody Coating Buffer or Antigen Coating Buffer.
- Incubate 8–24 hours at room temperature (RT).
- Aspirate the coating solution.
- Wash each well twice with ICT’s ELISA Wash Buffer.
- Block the uncoated regions of the ELISA plate by pipetting 300–400 µL of blocking buffer into each well. Always use an equal or greater volume of blocking buffer than was used for the coating buffer solution.
- Incubate 8–24 hours at RT. For best blocking, incubate overnight at RT.
- Aspirate the blocking buffer; do not wash.
CHIDA, S;TAKAHASHI, K;FUKUYAMA, M;KASUYA, M;MAEKI, M;ISHIDA, A;TANI, H;SHIGEMURA, K;ZHERDEV, A;EREMIN, S;HIBARA, A;TOKESHI, M. Effects of Addition of Blocking Agents on Fluorescence Polarization Immunoassay of Okadaic Acid Using a Microfluidic Device. BUNSEKI KAGAKU. 2023 March
Boraschi-Diaz I, Tauer JT, El Rifai O, Guillemette D, Lefebvre G, Rauch F, Ferron M, Komarova SV. Metabolic phenotype in the mouse model of osteogenesis imperfecta. J. Endocrinol. 2017 Sep;234(3):279-289. doi: 10.1530/JOE-17-0335. Epub 2017 Jul 17. Abstract.
" – ... 2010b). Briefly, Antibody Coating Buffer (CB1), ELISA Wash Buffer (WB1), 120 General Blocker Buffer (BB1), General Assay Diluent (AD1) and Stop Solution for TMB 121 (STOP1) were all obtained from ImmunoChemistry Technologies. 1-Step™ Ultra TMB ELISA 122 ... "