General Serum Diluent, 2X
- Prepare 1X working strength sample diluent by diluting 1:2 in diH2O. Add 1 part General Serum Diluent, 2X to 1 part diH2O. Mix well.
- Prepare standards and samples in General Serum Diluent.
- Generally, serum samples should be diluted at least 1:50 in order to minimize backgrounds caused by non-specific antibody binding. Highly concentrated samples may need to be diluted 1:1,000 or more.
- To dilute the sample 1:100, add 1 part sample to 99 parts General Serum Diluent. For example, add 10 μL sample to 990 μL General Serum Diluent for a total of 1,000 μL.
- Once diluted, run the assay according to the specific ELISA protocol.
- Analyze the data. If the samples were diluted, the dilution factors must be considered when calculating their values.