Detect active caspase enzymes with the SR FLICA® Poly Caspase Assay Kit. This in vitro assay employs the fluorescent inhibitor probe SR-VAD-FMK to label active caspase enzymes in living cells. Analyze samples using fluorescence microscopy, a fluorescence plate reader, or flow cytometry.
- Prepare samples and controls.
- Dilute 10X Apoptosis Wash Buffer 1:10 with diH20.
- Reconstitute FLICA with 50 μL DMSO.
- Dilute FLICA 1:5 by adding 200 μL PBS.
- Add diluted FLICA to each sample at 1:30 – 1:60. For example, to stain at 1:30, add 10 μL to 290 μL of cultured cells. To stain at 1:60, add 5 μL to 295 μL of cultured cells.
- Incubate approximately 1 hour.
- Remove media and wash cells 3 times: add 1X Apoptosis Wash Buff er and spin cells.
- If desired, label with additional stains, such as Hoechst, 7-AAD, or an antibody.
- If desired, fix or embed cells.
- Analyze with a fluorescence microscope, fluorescence plate reader, or flow cytometer. SR-FLICA excites at 550-580 nm and emits at 590-600 nm.
Product Specific References
|37409377||Wang, H., et al. 2023. Adverse effects of knocking down chitin synthase A on female reproduction in Culex pipiens pallens (Diptera: Culicidae). Pest management science.|
|36271147||Wu, R., et al. 2022. Mechanisms of CD40-dependent cDC1 licensing beyond costimulation. Nature immunology.|