- Prepare standards and samples in General Serum Diluent.
- Serum samples should generally be diluted at least 1:50 in order to minimize backgrounds caused by non-specific antibody binding.
- To dilute the sample 1:100, add 1 part sample to 99 parts General Serum Diluent. For example, add 10 μL sample to 990 μL sample diluent for a total of 1,000 μL.
- Highly concentrated samples may need to be diluted 1:1,000 or more.
- Once diluted, run the assay according to the specific ELISA protocol.
Arakawa, N;Matsuyama, S;Matsuoka, M;Kitamura, I;Miyashita, K;Kitagawa, Y;Imai, K;Ogawa, K;Maeda, T;Saito, Y;Hasegawa, C. Serum stratifin and presepsin as candidate biomarkers for early detection of COVID-19 disease progression. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences. 2022 September 1; doi: 10.1016/j.jphs.2022.06.002. Text