- Prepare samples and controls in fresh cell culture medium (alternative buffers such as PBS may be used).
- Reconstitute Autophagy Probe, Red with 100 µL DMSO.
- Dilute Autophagy Probe, Red 1:5 by adding 400 µL diH2O, PBS, or fresh cell culture medium.
- Add diluted Autophagy Probe, Red to each sample at 1:50 spike (e.g. spike at 1:50 by adding 10 µL to 490 µL sample). The ideal staining concentration can vary based on cell line, application, etc., and should be determined by the end user. The recommended sample size is 0.5 mL.
- Incubate approximately 1 hour.
- Dilute 10X Cellular Assay Buffer 1:10 with diH2O.
- Remove media and wash cells 3 times: add 1X Cellular Assay Buffer or fresh cell culture medium and spin cells.
- Resuspend cell pellet in 1X Cellular Assay Buffer (typically 0.5 mL per sample).
- Analyze with a flow cytometer (using a green/yellow laser and appropriate filter). Autophagy Probe, Red excites at 590 nm and emits at 620 nm.
Czarnomysy R, Radomska D, Muszyńska A, Hermanowicz JM, Prokop I, Bielawska A, Bielawski K. Evaluation of the Anticancer Activities of Novel Transition Metal Complexes with Berenil and Nitroimidazole. Molecules. 2020 Jun 21;25(12):2860. doi: 10.3390/molecules25122860. Abstract