Neptune Sample Diluent is a non-mammalian protein-containing solution highly recommended for use with serum or plasma samples from mouse, porcine or bovine sources in an antigen-down format. It can also be used for human or other mammalian plasma samples in antibody-sandwich ELISAs.
- Prepare standards and samples in Neptune Sample Diluent.
- Serum samples should generally be diluted at least 1:50 in order to minimize backgrounds caused by non-specific antibody binding.
- To dilute the sample 1:100, add 1 part sample to 99 parts Neptune Sample Diluent. For example, add 10 μL sample to 990 μL sample diluent for a total of 1,000 μL.
- Highly concentrated samples may need to be diluted 1:1,000 or more.
- Once diluted, run the assay according to the specific ELISA protocol.