- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface away from light.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 2-3 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes in the dark.
- Apply cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Organo mounting medium (cat. # AR-6504). If a coverslip is not sealed air bubbles will appear in few days.
- Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium to seal the edges. Incubate at 37C for one hour in the dark to dry organic mounting medium.
- For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8oC.
Product Specific References
|Hwang, J.S., et al. 2023. In Vivo Electroporation Improves Retinal Delivery of Intravitreally Injected Exosomes. Journal of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics : the official journal of the Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 463-471.
|Youn, DH, et al. 2021. Mitochondrial dysfunction associated with autophagy and mitophagy in cerebrospinal fluid cells of patients with delayed cerebral ischemia following subarachnoid hemorrhage. Scientific reports, 16512.