Quantitatively measure glutathione (GSH) and oxidized glutathione (GSSG) present in a variety of samples, including whole blood, serum, plasma, erythrocytes, urine, cell lysates, and tissue samples. Analyze the absorbance colorimetric signal by spectrophotometer.
- Prepare samples; treat with SSA to remove thiol-bearing protein.
- Prepare standard curve and blanks.
- If measuring oxidized GSH (GSSG), treat blanks, samples, and standards with 2VP.
- Add 50 µL blanks, standards, and samples to plate.
- Add 25 µL Colorimetric GSH Detection Substrate.
- Add 25 µL Reaction Mixture.
- Incubate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Read at 405 nm.