Glycerol with DAPI and DABCO is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 1-2 drops of mounting medium directly; cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Organo mounting medium (cat. # AR-6504).
- Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium to seal the edges.
- For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8oC.