Immuno Fluoro mount with antifading agent 1, 4-Diazobicyclo-(2,2,2-octane (DABCO™) is an aqueous non- permanent, low viscosity mounting medium for immunofluorescence.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles. Apply 2-3 drops of mounting medium and apply coverslip carefully without getting air bubbles
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- The coverslip may move, so it may be necessary to seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Organo mounting medium (cat. # AR-6504).
- Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium to seal the edges. Incubate at 37C for one hour in the dark to dry organic mounting medium.
- Store slide at 4ºC in the dark.