When the room temperature is low, 20ºC or lower this mounting medium will become gel. Warm mounting medium to approximately 25ºC and apply as described below.
- 1. Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- 2. Turn the vial upside and remove any air bubbles.
- 3. Apply 3-4 drops directly on the top of specimen and spread out evenly by tilting back and fourth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature for about 60-90 minutes or heat slides at 37-40oC for 40-50 minutes. A COVERSLIP IS NOT REQUIRED.
- 5. The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- 6. To visualize slide under microscope with 4X, 10X, 20X or 40X lens coverslip is NOT required
At this step for any reason if coverslip has to be removed, follow these instructions:
Soak the slide in warm (37oC)distilled or deionized water for 5-10 minutes until the mounting medium is dissolved. Rinse slide with warm water several times to remove all mounting medium; the slide can be remounted again if required.