This Nuclear Fast Red stain (NFR) is designed for nuclear staining; when DAB/Cobalt or DAB/Nickel chromogens are used; hematoxylin cannot be used with these chromogens.
- After chromogen staining, rinse slide with distilled or deionized water 3-5X.
- Add nuclear fast red for 2-3 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove NFR, rinse slide several times with deionized or distilled water.
- This counterstain can be mounted with Aqueous or organic mounting medium.
- For aqueous mounting medium, rinse slides with distilled or deionized water and follow the directions for aqueous mounting medium. For organic mounting medium, dehydrate the slide with increasing gradient of alcohol, followed by xylene or substitute clearing agent. Follow the directions for organic mounting medium.
- The slide is ready to be visualized.