Eliminate interference and nonspecific background noise associated with antibody-coated ELISA formats and sandwich ELISAs. SynBlock ELISA Blocking Buffer provides superior background-blocking performance without the use of conventional cross-reactive protein additives.
- Coat antibody or antigen onto the ELISA plate using ICT’s Antibody Coating Buffer or Antigen Coating Buffer.
- Incubate 8–24 hours at room temperature (RT).
- Aspirate the coating solution.
- Wash each well twice with ICT’s ELISA Wash Buffer.
- Block the uncoated regions of the ELISA plate by pipetting 300–400 µL of blocking buffer into each well. Always use an equal or greater volume of blocking buffer than was used for the coating buffer solution.
- Incubate 8–24 hours at RT. For best blocking, incubate overnight at RT.
- Aspirate the blocking buffer; do not wash.
- Run the assay immediately, or dry the plate for long-term storage and seal in a foil storage bag with a desiccant pack. Store dried and packaged plates at 2-8°C.