Trypsin is an antigen retriever solution used for proteolytic digestion of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections prior to application of antibodies.
- Deparafinize FFPE tissue section is carried out as outlined in your protocol. Hydrate tissue with PBS or ImmunoBioScience Universal Immuno buffer. Add endogenous peroxidase block as usual. Wash tissue section 3-5 times with buffer.
- Remove buffer, add 2-4 drops of ready-to use enzyme solution to cover the tissue section.
- Incubate at 37oC for 5-10 minutes or 10-15 minutes at room temperature, (the time required for optimum digestion of FFPE tissue section will vary with the extent of fixation, generally approx. 5-15 minutes are sufficient at the above temperatures. In some cases it may require more time).
- Discard trypsin reagent, wash 3-5 times with buffer.
- The tissue sections are ready for further IHC protocol.